Meet our new Podiatrist Charlie Lau!
We are thrilled to welcome Charlie Lau, podiatrist, to Body & Soul’s multidisciplinary team. He brings the newest podiatry techniques to Shanghai and our patients.
Charlie graduated from Auckland University of Technology, in New Zealand in Health Science – Podiatry in 2015. After 3 years of clinical practice, he furthered his education and obtained his Postgraduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine and Rehabilitation from the Chinese University of Hong Kong. His experience in a private practice in New Zealand and at the reputable Matilda International Hospital in Hong Kong has provided him with a comprehensive understanding of diagnosis and treatment of a wide array of pathologies of the foot and lower leg, including:
- Nail & skin pathologies (callus / cracked heels, corns, in-growing toenails, fungal nails, verrucae, foot warts, etc.)
- Chronic pathologies
- Athletic and sports injuries of the foot, knee, and hip
- Paediatric assessment
- Footwear assessment
- Neurological disorders
- Diabetic foot care
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Vascular & musculoskeletal disorders
- Orthotic prescription (shoe inlays are tailor made and imported from Hong Kong).
- Biomechanical assessments (examination of the lower limbs, looking at their structure, alignment, strengths and weaknesses)
Charlie’s particular interest in rehabilitation and pain management by performing biomechanical assessments to identify deficiencies in gait and athletic performance makes him a perfect addition to Body & Soul’s comprehensive approach to health. Get in touch with us to book a podiatric consultation with him for long-term resolution of foot related problems. Charlie is offering consultations in our Downtown Clinic – Xintiandi.