Chiropractic is concerned with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders of the musculoskeletal system and the effects of the disorders on the nervous system and general health (World Federation of Chiropractic).
The practice of chiropractic utilizes clinical interventions that support the natural ability of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs and surgery. These interventions include:
- Manual procedures, such as chiropractic adjustment, other joint manipulation, joint mobilization and soft tissue techniques
- Adjunct treatment measures such as physiological methods including ultrasound and electrotherapy, acupuncture, and the use of back supports and orthotics
- Specific exercise programs
- Patient education on ergonomics and posture, nutrition, use of health supplements, and other lifestyle modifications.
Chiropractic may be applied to treat:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Bone spurs
- Sciatica and scoliosis
- Frozen shoulder
- Sports injuries
- Paresthesia (tingling or numbness in the extremities)
- Occupational injuries (back pain, repetitive stress injuries)
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Poor posture
In order to complement the work on the improvement of the posture, our chiropractor designs orthotics (tailor made and imported from Hong Kong).
Our orthotics insoles are carefully made to correct biomechanical deviations of alignment in your feet and ankles, as determined by special professional assessment of your foot biomechanics. Our chiropractor performs biomechanical assessment and proper impression taking at the highest standards.
Foot Orthotics are precision supportive and corrective insoles used for:
- Foot, heel, ankle, knee, thigh and low back discomfort
- Flat foot problems
- Heel spur or plantar fascia pain
- Metatarsalgia Morton’s Neuroma
- Hallux Valgus (bunions)
- Shin splints
- Knee pain including Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome (Jumper’s or Runners Knee), ligament injuries, meniscus (cartilage) injuries and arthritis
- Foot conditions related to diabetes & rheumatoid arthritis